Key points to note
- We do not and will not knowingly collect Personal information from any person under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, you must not use our Website or submit any Personal Information to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
- You can contact us with any questions, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, at DataProtectionOfficer@MLAccessories.co.uk or by calling 01582 88 77 60.
2. How do we use your data?
- When you contact us either by phone, email, via our Contact page or on social media. We will usually collect your name, phone number, email address and (if on social media) your handle, because it’s in our legitimate interests to make sure we can properly respond to your query.
- When you open an account or purchase from us (including purchases made over the phone, or via order forms or our Website). We will collect your name, billing and delivery address, phone number, email address, company name and address (if applicable) and your payment details. We collect this in order to take steps to enter into a contract with you to purchase our products.
- When you visit our offices. We will collect your name, telephone number and will record your image and vehicle registration number using CCTV. We collect this information as it's in our legitimate interests to ensure our buildings are kept secure. Where CCTV is used we will display appropriate notices.
- When you sign up to receive our news updates. When we send you our news updates about product launches and special offers because you have opted in to receive them and you are a consumer, we rely on your consent to contact you. You can unsubscribe at any time by contacting us using our Contact page or clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in any email you receive from us.
- To tell you about our products that you may be interested in or ask for feedback. If you are an existing customer, we will collect your name and email address to provide you with our news updates and information about other products we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and may ask for your feedback on products you have purchased. We also identify prospective new business customers and contact them by email for marketing purposes. In each case, we do this because of our legitimate interests to promote our business to those we think will be interested in hearing from us. You can unsubscribe from our products updates or news updates at any time by responding to any email you receive from us to tell us you wish to unsubscribe or by contacting us using our Contact page.
- When you visit us at an exhibition. We will usually collect your name, address, email address and phone number. We collect this information because it’s in our legitimate interests to know who is attending our stand and in order to take steps to enter into a contract with you to purchase our products.
- When you apply for a job with us. We may collect your name, contact details, recruitment information (e.g. right to work documentation and references), test results, qualifications, accreditations and any additional information we may receive from our recruitment partners. We will use your personal information to assess your suitability for our available roles. We do this to perform our contract obligations or to take steps at your request, before entering into a contract. Where we process your right to work documentation, we will do so to comply with our legal obligations. If you have consented to such communications, we may also send you information about our job openings that may be of interest to you.
- If our business is sold. We process your personal information for this purpose because we have a legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer. If you object to our use of your Personal Information in this way, the buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
3. Who do we share your data with?
- Business partners, suppliers and subcontractors. For the performance of the contract we enter into with them or you, for instance for the delivery of the products you purchase or for providing a credit account.
- Promotional events and marketing organisations. We do not sell data for marketing purposes, but may share your data with an event organiser where we run exhibitions with co-exhibitors and co-promoters. We will always tell you before (usually on the event registration form) and you will be given the chance to opt-out before we do this.
- Regulators/ Authorities/ Enforcement Agencies. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of purchase, website terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our staff, clients or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
- Prospective buyers of our business. Under our legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer.
4. Where is your data stored?
All Personal Information that we hold will be stored securely on our servers based in the UK. Please note, however, that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and, although we will take steps to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted via the Website and any transmission is therefore at your own risk.
When we share your information with our third party providers who assist us to provide our services, they may store your Personal Information within or outside the UK or EU.
5. How long do we keep your data for?
Unless otherwise instructed by you, we will only keep your Personal Information for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. Once the relevant purpose has been satisfied, your Personal Information will either be securely deleted or amended to a form which is non-identifiable, unless we are required to retain a copy of such Personal Information under applicable law. Where we anonymise your Personal Information, it may be used for statistical analysis and business development planning.
6. What are your rights under data protection laws?
You have various other rights under applicable data protection laws, including the right to:
- access your personal data (also known as a “subject access request”);
- correct incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you;
- ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you;
- ask us to restrict our handling of your personal data;
- ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party;
- object to how we are using your personal data; and
- withdraw your consent to us handling your personal data.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with us or the Information Commissioner's Office, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in England and Wales. If you are based outside of England and Wales, you can find your relevant supervisory authority here.
7. Cookies Policy
Cookies are small data files which are placed on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you provide your consent.
They are used to remember when your computer or device accesses this Website so that it can tailor its operations to your needs by gathering and remembering information about your preferences and also allows us to improve our Website.
We use the following cookies:
|Google Analytics||This cookie allows us to measure how users interact with the Website and to remember pages the user has visited and previous interactions with the Website.||The retention period will be between 1 minute and 2 years depending on the type of cookie used.||Google Analytics|
|Vimeo||This cookie collects information about your actions on the parts of our Website that have a Vimeo video embedded.||2 years||Vimeo|
You can also manage cookie use via your browser settings (this will allow you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies) and your browser provider may ask you to confirm your settings. Note, however, that if you block all cookies (including essential cookies) via your browser settings parts of our Website may not work properly.
You can find more information about the specific cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table attached to this Policy.
A web beacon is a transparent pixel image that contains unique identifiers that enable us and Mailchimp to recognise when you have opened an email or clicked a link in that email.
MailChimp place web beacons in our emails to record your email address, IP address, and date and time associated with each email open and click within the email. Mailchimp use this data to create reports for our us about how an email campaign performed and what actions you took. Neither Mailchimp nor we share this data with any third-party.
9. Contact Us
Should you have any queries or complaints in relation to this Policy and how we use your Personal Information, please contact us at DataProtectionOfficer@MLAccessories.co.uk, or call 01582 88 77 60, or write to us at Data Protection Officer, ML Accessories, Unit E, Chiltern Park, Boscombe Road, Dunstable, LU5 4LT. You can also find our details on our Contact page.